Monday, June 23, 2008

making connections

 

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words... perhaps because they are able to transcend the barriers of language, culture, time, and space. Or maybe it's because what they "say" to each person is so individualized as your mind tries to make millions of connections from what you are seeing to things you yourself have seen, heard, felt, and experienced. Thus, if we pay attention, a photograph can tell us, not only of the world around us, but of who we are inside.

I hope you enjoy this first sampling of my work.

PS. I have tried to load the slideshow in as many different ways as I can come up with, and it always loads with a glitch that isn't on the slide show on my computer. When it freezes at about 24 sec., move the slider over just a tad and it should keep going.... I'll keep working on fixing it. Sorry.






3 comments:

Delli said...

WOW!!! Your photographs are beautiful! They all look like they could come right out of a book at a bookstore (in other words - SUPER professional quality)! You've done some GREAT work!!! :)

Jantzen and Stephanie said...

You definitely need to make calendars, Kassi. I love them. Thanks for putting them up for us to see!

Jantzen and Stephanie said...

I want to see more!